- Fixed crash on import into the Currents module of grib files without current data
- Fixed various issues related to multiple selection of routes and waypoints including protected elements.
- Improved selection: Right-clicking on a selected object, no longer extends the selection to other objects intersecting the point (avoids including parent routes in the selection)
- Limitation of the in/out zoom level to avoid problems linked to limits and inconsistent values, which could happen especially when using the wheel excessively.
- Zoom out is limited so that the displayed area does not exceed 360° in longitude
- Zoom in is limited so as not to exceed the scale 1:100
- New water height calculation engine:
- This new calculation engine was developed in collaboration with Jacques Tiphine from Marées dans le Monde. The results are very close to those obtained by Shomar, and the base of available ports has been improved
- Addition of various information such as ephemeris, and improvement of the display / readability of the curve
- Integration as a database with (optional) display of available ports on the chart
- See documentation for more details.
- Date synchronization extended to water heights, and can be activated independently for each window
- Ability to select any time zone in the Current and Grib windows
- AIS module: display improvements especially when many targets are present
- Improved display of ENCs, particularly on sounds for certain ENCs where sounds are not grouped
- Improvements in the real time route followup - See Release notes for more details.
- Changes to route waypoint management, to correct various issues related to waypoint sharing - See Release notes for more details.
- Various small ergonomic improvements
- Installation of SnMap charts much smoother and non-blocking
- Routing: Fixed a bug where routing could cross the coastline in extreme conditions
- Fixed a screen refresh problem that occurred from time to time after moving the map view
- fixed issues on areas straddling the 180° meridian
- fixed installation of updates: If the user had chosen a directory other than the default one, it was not automatically taken into account for an update
- Fixed some rare potential crashes
- Grib download service: new Worldwide Arpege model at 0.25°
- SnMap Charts: Extension of coverage of the Raster SnMap, and Vector SnMap offers
- Grib module Correction: It was impossible to select the display of wind gusts
- Improvement of the update system:
- When a new version is available, ScanNav will propose to download and install it directly from ScanNav, without having to manually go to the site.
- ScanNav first checks if your license allows you to install the latest version, and offers to subscribe to the update if necessary.
- Fixed Navionics chart query: In very rare cases, closing the Navionics info dialog could result in closing ScanNav.
- Repeaters: Improvements on the organization of repeaters (locking, grouped manipulations, alignments, etc...). See documentation
- Ergonomic improvements for tablets and ultra-high resolution screens: All dialogs can now be enlarged including larger buttons and texts. See Release Notes
- Adaptable configuration of toolbars and repeaters: The layout of toolbars and repeaters is now remembered according to the screen configuration. You can thus have different configurations depending on whether you are in portrait or landscape, or single/multi-screen
- New night vision mode. See Release Notes
- Increased Addressable Memory: Addressable memory has been increased by 2, eliminating memory issues on loading some huge Gribs, or Navionics charts on large ultra-high resolution displays with certain settings.
- SNTides improvements: Water level requests now each open in an independent SNTides window, allowing multiple ports to be viewed, and fixing a problem related to the current module, where the port selected in SNTides would unexpectedly return to the currents reference port.
- Routing: Improvements related to the interaction with the route plan and the automatic centering of the boat.
- Addition of an "apply" button on the properties windows of all object types, allowing to preview the modifications before closing the dialog
- AIS fix: Collision alerts could be triggered for own MMSI entered in preferences, if "use as backup GPS" option was checked.
- Fixed Repeaters: When loading a repeater configuration, it could not be properly restored during the next session.
- Fixed Linux version-specific issue: Double-clicking repeaters did not go fullscreen.
- NmeaPlayback improvements: NmeaPlayback can now serve multiple TCP connections simultaneously.
- Correction of a shortcut issue: When launching ScanNav with the desktop shortcut, ScanNav could not find the dependent programs (Grib download and water heights). This issue did not affect shortcuts from the Windows start menu.
- New web layers available (Google Satellite, Hybrid, Map, and ArcGIS Satellite)
- Improved fluidity of web layers and Navionics charts display
- Improved display quality of waypoints and symbols under XP when using map orientation
- Review of the display settings window More information in the documentation
- Improvements specific to Linux/MacOS/ChromeOS via Wine
- Enhanced display quality with the support of Direct2D technology under Wine (see installation documentation)
- Map orientation feature is now available, bringing compatibility to 100%
- The official version of Wine 8.0 is available as a stable version, making installation easier
- Fixed margins that could appear around Navionics charts at certain scales
- Installation fix: default polar installation was missing
- ScanNav can now run on Linux, MacOS, and ChromeOS
For more details see installation documentation
- The installation procedure has been completely revised
A new installation system has been adopted, and it is now possible to update any version with a single installer, which greatly simplifies the installation and updates of ScanNav, and eliminates the recurring problems related to Windows Installer. This new installer also makes it possible to be displayed in all the languages available in ScanNav (French, English, German, Spanish, Italian)
- You can now be automatically notified when a new version is available. More information in the documentation
- Documentation structure has been revised
- The navigation inside the documentation is improved
- It is possible to print it in a simple way.
- Available natively in French and English, it is now possible to consult it online translated into most languages (automatic translation).
- More information in the documentation
- The Grib and Currents settings windows are now non-blocking. More information in the documentation
- Correction of partial display of some BSB charts that are not North Up
- Correction of small memory leaks on reception of Nmea2000 from the Miniplex
- Miscellaneous minor changes
- Routing Module Improvements
- Grouping of route plan windows by tabs
- Possibility to delete departures in the list, or to create new departures
- Menu to create/copy routes/tables, or add new departures directly from this window
- Simplification of the main window with just one "Routes" button in relation to route plans
- Clarified choices on isochrone duration and best start intervals which are now a list of choices in hours/minutes.
- Minor bug fix: multiple calculations of the same routing could have slightly different results
- Miscellaneous minor improvements
- See updated documentation
- Strong improvement of GRIB download services
- The simultaneous launch of several ScanNav sessions in navigation mode, which caused various problems, is now blocked.
- Correction of display anomaly of gribs and currents on the 180° longitude boundary
- Adjustment of bearings tool to compensate for erroneous entries (excessively long distances going above the poles)
- Miscellaneous minor changes
- Fixed water level calculation engine incompatible with 32-bit Windows systems
- Various minor fixes
- New interface to manage repeaters (see documentation)
- Synchronization of the display of Gribs and Currents (see release notes)
- Added Grib model "AROME UHD" at a 1km grid step (see list of models)
- Visualization of routings synchronized with gribs and currents (see documentation)
- Interpretation of additional Nmea 183 sentences and Nmea 2000 PGNs (see release notes)
- Correction of the iKonvert interface in N2K output
- Correction of the OpenstreetMap layer not accessible in the "web layers" module, and addition of an additional variant
- Signing of the installation packages with a certificate to avoid Windows SmartScreen security warnings
- Koden Radar module available on request
- Various improvements/fixes
- on adding/deleting waypoints to routes
- on RSD interpretation (cursor position) from MARPA interface
- warnings when using Datum different from WGS84
- Routing: Added launch icon in toolbar(see documentation)
- Routing: Possibility to hide the summary in the route plan window(see documentation)
- Routing: Fix on turning points that may not be detected
- Complete review of the display of objects and grib+currents for better fluidity especially with large data bases
- Correction on GPX Import: no error message was displayed when reading an invalid GPX file
- Fixed minor issue with display of Gribs when switching to daylight saving time
- Corrections of problems related to invalid data (invalid grib files, old maps with excessive deformation,...)
- License activation issues if spaces are included in the product code
- Other minor improvements...
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2022/2023 (data valid up to 2/1/2014)
- SnMap Charts: Latest released edition on April 15th, 2022. Click on the links to see the details of the Raster SnMap, and Vector SnMap offers.
- Fixed issue on the GPS Model setting which returned to "NMEA183 Generic" when launching ScanNav
- Improved display of tooltips, especially when overlapping different tooltips (Object info, Grib, and Currents)
- Fixed potential memory leaks when using very large Grib files
- Improved readability of wind feathers when winds and currents are overlayed in the same area with color filling
- Various small improvements and fixes
- Swell support
- Various improvements especially on the creation and export of routes
- See updated documentation
- Nmea 2000
- Native NMEA 2000 support via MiniPlex encapsulation in addition to Digital-Yacht and Actisense
- Native NMEA 2000 output via Digital Yacht and Miniplex adapters
- SNTides: addition of the tactile interface to move the curve (Check documentation)
- Touchscreen interface improvements, especially to make it easier to select objects and other interactions on the map
- Various small improvements and fixes
- Ergonomics: The hand tool (tool for moving on the screen) now becomes the default tool when launching ScanNav
- Imports of objects (all formats): A selector now allows you to do a partial import (deselect the elements to ignore)
- Fixed temporary license issue when language set to German
- Fixed issues specific to the Windows XP special version
- Unable to launch ScanNav on XP (message "The InitializeCriticalSectionEx entry point was not found")
- Gribs download and license activation issues due to https support on Windows XP
- SnMap Charts: Latest released edition on October 15th, 2021. Click on the links to see the details of the Raster SnMap, and Vector SnMap offers.
- New Grib models available (high definition currents with worldwide coverage, high definition "Arome" models for French overseas, GFS wind Gusts ...), and general improvement of the Gribs download service. Se our offers for Grib and Currents
- Text Notes orientation can now be set to follow or not the orientation of the map.
- Improved waypoint selection and refresh of associated text, especially when orienting the map.
- Complete review of the download system, with implementation of https (secure web).
- Optimized loading of web layer tiles.
- Optimization of performance and memory management when using Navionics charts.
- Appropriate display of Navionics error returns to determine the cause ("Mount failed" message).
- Improvements and documentation of import of waypoints from text files. See documentation.
- Lightening of the display of the heading line See documentation
- Possibility of deactivating the "ais safety message" window (personalized configuration, contact us).
- Correction on the "Map Orientation options" window which reappeared at launch, if it had been closed with the cross at the top right.
- Correction of Position fix not taken into account on some Internal GPS.
- Crash correction on selection of the "Internal GPS" interface, on PCs without any sensor.
- Fixed import of some GPX files from PredictWind.
- Correction of a potential application freeze (very specific conditions).
- Fixed potential crash when using unbuffered rendering mode with ENCs (non-standard configuration).
- Fixed display performance issues of ENCs on high zoom in, depending on the maps present.
- Fixed a precision issue on interrogation of ENCs with very high resolution screens.
- Minor improvements and Fixed various small bugs.
- Completely revised Navionics chart integration, with a new display engine
- Faster loading and viewing
- Better graphics rendering
- New possibilities (click here for more information)
- Fixes the activation issue (see FAQ here)
- Additional improvements on the display fluidity of layers (web layers, gribs, ...)
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2021/2022 (data valid up to 2/1/2023)
- Various small improvements and minor bug fixes
- SnMap Charts: April 2021 edition. Click on the links to see the details of the Raster SnMap, and Vector SnMap offers.
- Fixed unexpected error messages and slowness that could occur on Navionics charts
- Fixed various small bugs
- Standard version of ScanNav, compatible from Vista and up to the latest versions of Windows 10. This version should be used if you have a recent version of Windows (Windows Vista / 7/8/10)
- Specific version for Windows XP: To be used only if you are still under Windows XP or Windows 2000. This version is functionally equivalent to the standard version, but certain aspects may be degraded and / or slowed down, in particular for the display orientation and fluidity of layers.
- Possibility to display the chart "Heading Up", or according to any orientation, and a few functions specific to Inland navigation (More details here).
- NMEA 2000: taking into account of new PGNs, with interface of new instruments (repeaters, logging, analysis ...) (More details here).
- Digital Yacht nmea2000 encapsulation support
- Improved fluidity of general display and web layers.
- Possibility to start the GPS interface automatically (More details here).
- Possibility to adjust the size of symbols in ENCS (More details here).
- Various object handling improvements (More details here).
- GPX format: Possibility to export GPX files with or without ScanNav extensions, to overcome import problems on other software (More details here)
- AIS: possibility to use the AIVDO output of the AIS as a backup GPS, and automatic determination of your own MMSI number (More details here)
- Routing: The display settings window is now non-modal so as to facilitate adjustments; General information added to the generated route; and other small improvements and corrections.
- ScanNav launch Icon: The little red boat icon is now replaced by the ScanNav logo.
- Various ergonomic improvements and minor bug fixes.
- Fixed an installation issue on the SHOMAR module, impacting calculations after 5/12/2020
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2020/2021 (data valid up to 31/1/2022)
- Generalization to all types of objects of links and photos associated with waypoints (details)
- Enhanced Notes with possibility to rotate/resize and change fonts(details)
- Improvement on the editing of objects (routes / waypoints / zones / notes)(details)
- New XTE repeater
- Other miscelaneous improvements / correction of minor issues
- Adaptations for installing Vector SnMap packs
- New Surface Wind repeater
- Correction of the True Wind calculation for display in repeaters
- Update of available Grib models for currents
- SnMap Charts
- Routing module: Improvement of the algorithm, and new concepts of passage points versus turning points. More information in the updated documentation of the routing module.
- Radar PC Module: This new module, designed to work with Koden brand PC radars, allows the Overlay of the radar image on top of your charts. It is available in Beta version as of version 20.0 of ScanNav. Please contact us for more information. The module will be made available to all with version 20.1, which will be released during spring of 2020.
- Various ergonomic improvements
- New Grib models available for currents
- Various bug fix
- SnMap Charts: new October 2019 edition. Click on the following links for more information on the Raster SnMap offer, and the Vector SnMap offer.
- New Features:
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2019/2020 (data valid up to 1/1/2021)
- Improvement of the "Visible Area" tool to ease creation of waypoints (please refer to documentation).
- Fixed an issue on the Routing to pass the 180 ° meridian.
- Additional support of Grib files, and improved parameterization of the SailGrib RTOFS model interface.
- New Features:
- New SnMap Vector Offer derived from ENCs. Click here to view the coverage.
- New SAR (Search and Rescue) module: Search Patterns
- Download and Installation of SnMap charts integrated in ScanNav
- Version available in Spanish
- Various improvements:
- Distance to Waypoint independant Repeater
- Arcachon current integration from SHOM map data
- Optimisation of loading / display of Raster SnMap charts especially when zoomed out
- New "Include World global shoreline" Option in the Recent Chart Libraries window
- Various ergonomic improvements
- AIS: When a boat is stopped, or if the anti-collision is not active, the distances and bearings of the targets remain at 0.
- Workaround of a Navionics issue on installation of Navionics chart 43XG
- Routing: correction of a small rounding error on the last isochron, that resulted in the chosen route not being the direct route, even with engine only and without currents
- SnMap Charts: new April 2019 edition. Click here to check packs coverage and latest updates.
- Various corrections
- Correction of an installation issue on Navionics charts without any SonarChart
- Instruments and Sensors: Taking into account new instruments and sensors in repeaters and track-log.Click for details (at end of document)
- Tracks analysis: New configurable interface completely revised, with possibility to add all types of sensors. Click for details
- Strong performance improvement, especially on heavy tracks with numerous points.
- Improved touch interface on tracks analysis
- Polar file support improvements
- Auto-Save: Periodic Auto-Save of objects in background (configurable period) Click for details
- Navionics: Support of the Navionics SonarChart offer. Click for details
- Recent Charts library interface to let you switch charts library very easily. Click for details
- Miscellaneous Improvements and Corrections
- NmeaPlayback: Support of the Standard NMEA183 V4 Tagblocks
- SnMap Charts: new October 2018 edition. Click here to check packs coverage and latest updates.
- Strong performance improvement on long track display
- Fixed various bugs
- Crash linked to the contextual menu, followed by the opening of the file menu while the context menu is still open.
- Problems taking into account the tidal coefficient when calculating routings using multiple current files.
- The "Show Names" option on the AIS preferences tab was not kept between sessions
- Small inconsistencies on installation of ENC updates, after manual manipulation of the charts library
- Correction of the "Best Start" routing function (was no more effective in version 18.1SP1).
- Correction of the "APB" Nmea output sentence (generated a false arrival alarm on some pilots)
- Strong performance improvements in the display of the Track Analysis curves, especially on heavy tracks.
- Fixed potential crashes in the Routing module
- 1 - If you select an invalid Grib file in the routing grib file chooser
- 2 - If you select a new routing (via the context menu on an existing route), while a Routing is still being calculated. This crash is neither systematic nor necessarily immediate.
- Minor display bug fixes
- Guides: click here for details
- Integration of SHOM wreck database
- Ergonomic improvements
- Background work for preparing new guides
- Routing click here for more details
- Use of multiple currents or grib files .
- Separation of input parameters for new routing, calculated routes
- Gribs click here for more details
- Improvements to the gribs download interface
- Unique interface for downloading both fixed areas and by selection on the screen
- Interface with new providers (SailDocs, OpenSkiron ...)
- Highlighting of coverage limits
- Ability to filter providers.
- ENC management improvements click here for more details
- Localisation of labels
- Display of cell names
- Improvements on the installation process
- Various improvements (see release notes)
- New interface for the visible area tool.
- Guides and Object layers now use a common non modal selector with easier use
- The Analysis window is more easily configurable.
- Enhanced KML and GPX export to overcome import issues by some external programs
- Import waypoints files in text format.
- Miscellaneous improvements and fixes
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2018/2019 (valid up to 31/1/2020)
- SnMap Charts: new April 2018 edition
- Click here to check packs coverage and latest updates.
Correction potential crash issue in the Routing module
- Router Module Enhancements:
- (Best Start Calculator)
- Route Plan and Best Start tables
- Import/Export improvements (performance and selection of items to be copied)
- Review of ergonomics, especially on the logic of selection of Grib files
- Download / Install of shore contours
- Various other ergonomic points
- Grib module Enhancements:
- Interface with new Grib vendors:Great Circle and SailDocs
- Improved Mail interface
- Possibility to add/update models independently of ScanNav versions
- Installation / Ergonomics:
- Improved default settings
- The menu "?" Becomes "Help?" For better visibility
- Various other ergonomic points
- Bugs corrections:
- Fixed license activation issue with accents
- Fixed ScanNav exit on query images of Navionics Platinum charts
- Fixed waypoint approach alarm sounds (was only active if both enabled)
- Integration of the new SHOMAR Edition 2017/2018 (valid up to 1/1/2019)
- SnMap Charts:
- New April 2017 Edition of all existing packs
- New pack covering Netherlands and Belgium
- New Planning charts Pack Free of charge for all up to date license.
- Click here to check packs coverage and latest updates.
- New ROUTING and Polar module: click here for more details
- Remote Anchor Drift Alarm connected with DSC (please refer to the AIS/ASN/ARPA module documentation)
- New source for Waves Gribs: Support of the MFWAM model issued by Meteo France
- Miscellaneous Improvements and corrections
- SnMap Charts:
- New pack covering Croatia
- Last update of packs: October 2016
- New features to pilot your Icom DSC VHF, to enable you to call
remote stations, send Position Requests, or Positions Reports, as well
as an automatic tracking function based on DSC capabilities. These new
features are enabled with the AIS optional module, although they do
not need AIS hardware, but just a DSC VHF (refer to the updated AIS documentation
for more details).
- Several other new features and enhancements in the AIS module, including MMSI lists management, display improvements with possibility to tune targets names and/or colors , to distinguish ships according to their status or inclusion in lists, automatic creation of MMSI database, support of SAR and text messages, ergonomics improvements, etc... (refer to the updated AIS documentation for more details)
- General improvements on ergonomics, especially on the different context menus, visual choice of waypoint symbols, memorization of default values on route creation, KML and other formats export, etc..
- Possibility to visualize
received/sent NMEA sentences in a window for each individual
- New SHOMAR Edition: SNTides now includes the SHOM's latest Shomar engine for tides heights calculations (edition 2016/2017 valid up to 31/1/2018)
- Correction of issues reading Navionics charts,
especially when corrupted files are present in the folder.
- A few other minor bugs fix
- ScanNav is now available
- Improvements of the NMEA
module: Recent files, possibility to configure the network with IP
masks for UDP connexions, better positionning inside a log file by
visualizing the corresponding dates... See documentation
- SnMap charts
- New April 2016 edition of SnMap Chart Packs
- Please click here to check packs coverage and latest updates
- New NMEA Playback module: This new module, lets you replay NMEA logs or ScanNav track files, with the possibility to tune the replay speed, and/or jump at specific times in the log. See documentation in pdf
- Enhancements of GRIB and Currents modules:
- Support of precipitations from Grib files issued from the High resolution AROME and ARPEGE models of Meteo-France
- Improvements of display performances of transparent layers of Grib and currents modules.
- The Grib Download interface is now launched in another background process, letting you continue interacting with ScanNav while downloading. The User interface remains unchanged, apart from a new "On Top" option that lets you keep the download dialog on top of the main window.
- Enhancements of GRIB and Currents modules
- New Grib service providing high resolution models AROME and ARPEGE issued by MeteoFrance
- Support of new data types (Wind Gust, Water temperatures, Stokes Drift)
- Support of multi-level Grib files
- New Grib service providing Mediterranean currents issued from
- Other improvements
- Display Performance improvements
- New Compas Heading line in addition to the Ground Heading line.
- Improved ergonomics to choose/enter class names
- Memorisation of settings of Web Layers between sessions
- Check for existing updates directly from the menu "?"
- Uninstallation directly from the Windows start menu
without having to go in control panel
- Display issue on the interface buttons that could
"squeeze" when changing Windows display settings
- Display issue of some Waypoints imported from GPX format
- Issue on graphic properties of routes not memorized when
created from a waypoints list.
- Loss of the Tracks Analysis window when switching from mullti-screen to single-screen.
- SnMap charts
- New October 2015 Edition of SnMap Chart Packs
- Please click here to check packs coverage and latest updates
- Support of Window 8.1 tablets internal GPS
- Usability enhancements for better accessibility on tablets and touch screens in general:
- Touch Interface with 2 fingers Zoom and Pan, and Long press to emulate the mouse right click
- Better accessiblity in touch mode for the different interface elements (buttons, lists, etc ..) as well as objects in the map (selection of objects etc ...)
- Adaptation of the size of different components depending on the resolution, to be more visible on high resolution screens (size of the boat and AIS targets, line thickness, etc ...)
- Fixed inaccessibility of tooltips without the mouse.
- Corrections on the positioning of repeaters and
other windows after rotating tablets between landscape &
- Smoother display on tablets with touch screen.
- Improvements in the management of toolbars
- The GPS status is reflected in the background color of the GPS button.
- Better distinction of the buttons' active state by customizing the background color and borders of active buttons.
- Fixed refresh issues of toolbars when in vertical mode.
- Improved usability of floating toolbars (not docked
to an edge of the screen).
- New Grib service for Noaa WW3 model (swell) with a grid step of 0.5°
- Improvements in the screen rendering engine for increased fluidity.
- Fixed various bugs
- Issue on ENCs updates related to the presence of old permits.
- Issue with Grib and Currents tooltips that perturbated common dialogs interaction.
- Issue on the display of certain Grib files(SailGrib) astride the meridian 0 °
- Potential crash opening certain Guide Méditerranée ports.
- Removal of invasive error messages displayed in loop when errors occured in the charts laibrary.
- Interface of the VHF DSC messages (available through the AIS module)
- Access to the Noaa GFS Grib files at 1/4° (worldwide coverage)
- Access to the Noaa RTOFS currents Grib files (ocean currents)
- Improvements on the download service for Currents Grib files issued from MyOcean data
- Improvements on the ENC display,
especially regarding features related to Inland ENCs (distance marks,
- Several User Interface improvements, especially regarding Tools Icons
- New icons for toolbars, with higher definition to enable larger buttons.
- Adaptation of the text and icons sizes according to the screen resolution,
- Possibility to customize the size of tool buttons and their icons,
- Possibility to customize font types and sizes,
- Distance and Bearings display now uses the adaptive fonts as for other displays
- New SHOMAR Edition: SNTides now includes the latest Shomar engine for tides heights calculations (edition 2015/2016 valid up to 31/1/2017)
- A few minor bug corrections
- SnMap charts:
- New Pack covering Lesser Antilles from Grenada to Puerto Rico
- Update of all other existing packs with April 2015 edition.
- Please click here to check packs coverage and latest updates
- Support of NMEA 2000 protocol: Refer to the documentation in the release notes
- Currents: Support of Currents Grib files in the tides module, together with a High resolution Currents Grib files service issued from MyOcean models. Refer to the documentation in the release notes
support of Inland ENCs including specific symbols.
- Improvements on
ENCs display (light sectors, symbols, display of symbols associated to
objets in the S57 query window, ...)
- Various ergonomic
- Automatic archive of objects on a periodic basis, or in case of crash. Refer to the documentation in the release notes
- Correction of a few anomalies
- SnMap charts:
- New area covering East Atlantic Islands (Azores, Madeira, Canary Islands, Cape Verde, and planning - charts derived from UKHO)
- SnMap charts are now also supported by
the Adrena software.
- ScanNav Compagnon: Please refer to the dedicated page to see latest new features listed in the documentation.
- HotFix to support April 2015 Edition of SnMap Charts
- Fixed display issue of some light sectors on ENCs: Some light sectors of less than 1° could under rare circumstances be displayed as a complete circle. (The query with "S57" tool was nevertheless exact)
- WiFi Instruments Interface: You can interface the wireless stations by creating one or UDP or TCP ports, reception or transmission.
- SHOMAR Edition 2014/2015: SNTides incorporates new data from water level SHOM, edition 2014/2015 (valid until 15/01/2016)
- New database interface Port Practice
- ENCs: Ability to display probes and heights in feet or fathoms (Meters default)
- Relief display gribs zoomed
- Minor corrections in the Workshop
- Updating cards SHOM SnMap with the new April 2014 Edition
- Extensin of the offer SnMap with coverage of Italy (Navimap cards)
- Other new features are also available on the Android Mate Version (see dedicated page)
- Fixed installation problem ENC following modification in the structure of distribution allowded ENC.
- ETE / ETA dynamic over the entire active route: see documentation in the notes Update
- Filter / Search for objects in the Objects and Properties window drive: see the documentation in the notes Update
- Support GRIB Oceanographic Currents: see documentation in the notes Update
- Integration of Mediterranean / Channel / Atlantic Guides similarly to what had already been done for marinas. See pdf documentation for a detailed description.
- Layers Web: Possibility to set the cache location, and less intrusive warning (once by opening the control window)
other miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Integration with the Android version ScanNav Mate: Adding specific information in the import / export GPX format (symbols and scales min / max display waypoints)
improvements Workshop mapping (moving inland areas without having to
recreate, etc ...)
- Fixed some rare crashes.
- AIS MOB: Supports AIS MOB tags.To view the documentation click here
- SHOMAR Edition 2013/2014: SNTides includes new data from the water level of the SHOM, edition 2013/2014 (valid until 01/15/2015)
- Fixed licensing issue related to recent updates to Windows
display cards astride the Meridian 180 and non-navigable area hidden
- Other minor fixes and changes.
- Fixed a display issue Navionics charts certain zoom levels, appeared in Version 13.1
- Solve a problem activating Navionics on Windows 8
- Layers web: To see the full documentation click here
- Full screen mode: use the "View" menu -> "Full Screen", or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F11
- Improved graphics cards SHOM made.
- The "Priority Card" window opens at launch if it was open at the exit of previous session
- Fixed some bugs.
- Sets a potential problem recording Navionics
- List of maps SNMap enabled in information "About ScanNav ..."
- Corrections related to the workshop.
- Major improvements on the use of cards S57/ENC:
- System Dynamics probes according to the water level
- Settings beaches and color depth zones
- Saving personal settings to switch from one configuration to another quickly
- General improvements in the display for even better readability.
- To view the documentation ENC updated with the latest click here .
- Setting the level of detail maps:
- Lets you view maps more or less detailed while remaining on the same level of visual scale
- To view the
documentation click here
- AIS Module:
- Possibility to display a portion of the traces to reduce display
- Opportunity to reappear old target
- Menus related to AIS grouped in the "Options" menu
- To see documentation AIS unit updated with the latest click here.
- MOB (Man Overboard)
- System support automatic MOB central NKE
- Dynamic tracking of MOB, with estimated position based on the drift.
- To see the new documentation on the management of MOB click here
- Dynamic multiple links:
- You can now combine multiple dynamic links to a waypoint
- To view the documentation click here
- Jointing / Scindage traces:
- Possibility of splitting a trace 2 and / or concatenate multiple traces in one
- To view the documentation click here
- SHOMAR Edition 2012/2013: SNTides includes new data from the water level of the SHOM, edition 2012/2013 (valid until 01/15/2014)
- Preparation for a new Raster map offer:
- A new range of raster maps from directly printing SHOM films, will be available soon.
This version is already now compatible with this new offering.
- Repeaters caps could go negative (specific bug in version 12.0)
- Dynamic links were miscoded in the export waypoints in GPX format
- Geonav Export: the export file was truncated roads.
- Tooltips: on rare occasions the info bubbles were not displayed.
- Problem opening pdf documents in Internet Explorer (works well with Firefox)
loss windows Grib control and currents, and / or repeaters, when
positioned on a 2nd screen, and that it is disconnected or down the
- New analysis module
traces depth: This module provides graphic
displays of parameters and performance of the boat (determining
averages, performance analysis, optimization ...).This module is available in the
basic version ScanNav free of charge. See
pdf document for a detailed
- Integration of database marinas STW: Partnership with the Association Sail The World ( stw.fr ) to integrate their database assessments marinas, allowing directly from ScanNav to consult existing assessments and to add, without requiring an Internet connection, except to perform the updates. See pdf document for a detailed description.
- Various ergonomic improvements: Zoom improved scale indication on the menu cards, progress bars, masking passwords, multi-denêtrage installation of ENCs, performance cooling, etc ...
- Interpolation instruments:
- This new feature allows to stabilize and make it more readable various repeaters. A new "Amortization Instruments" setting is available in the preferences tab "Navigation".It allows to absorb the values ??of the instruments (vane / anemometer, speeds and headings background / area) indicating the number of seconds of averaging.
- Each map object contained in an ENC may have an attribute (SCAMIN), indicating no longer see the object below a certain level, in order to lighten the display zoom.A new option "Use SCAMIN" in the preferences to disable this feature to continue to view all objects zoom.
- Usability Preferences:
- The opening of preferences is now on the last used tab.
- Some updates ENC could not be taken into account (very rarely delete attributes to a tag without further modification)
New / Improvements:
- AIS: Integration of new types of phrases to see details (name and size) of Class B AIS targets, as well as the target class A
- ENCs: Support the display of information in the national language for the country with specific (Unicode) characters, such as Greece, China, etc ...
- ENCs: Display additional information contained in text files directly in the info window (it is no longer necessary to open a separate window)
Support new format activation key online.
- Official ENCs:
- New module to easily install ENCs and updates directly from ScanNav. The procedure is greatly simplified. See documentation: DocInstallENC.pdf
- Display objects Cliffs Dunes or type for even better rendering of ENC.
- Possibility of using Navionics Navionics without requiring specific USB drive, with a validation on the Internet (cards must be recent enough to support this feature)
- Integrated installation procedure in ScanNav.
- See documentation: DocInstallNavionics.pdf
- AIS Module:
- Taking into account the tags navigation aid
- Security on receiving bad frames AIS (incomplete) that could cause malfunctions
- Simplification of tracks:
- Establishment "type configurations" for setting simplification traces.In the Navigation tab of the preferences for the automatic simplification, or in the dialog explicit simplification traces, click the "Recommended values" to choose the kind proposed configurations button: navigation offshore, coastal navigation, Operation, Anchorage.or Default.
Parameters explicit simplification traces are
saved from one call to another, and the default values ??are more
- Correction unit "minimum time" in the preferences indicated in minutes when it was seconds, so confusing ...
- Shift an hour was on some garmin gps Garmin protocol
- Crash on simplification trace when it was made ??from the box trace analysis
- Crash on using the wrong menu to insert the ENCs in the library (see FAQ for the proper procedure)
Mode: Fixed bad backup cards in the new format in the "Optimization for
navigation" function with parameters cutting too big.
- Sets a glitch module installation heights water SNTides (the version of the application is 11.1)
- Fixed crash on cache usage maps, and other more rare in workshop mode after opening 24 bit images.
- Fixed problem displaying objects in S57 ENCs when the screen display is set to 16-bit (but not recommended)
- Fix miscalculation of the true wind on areas of high variation
- New UKHO tidal data: Data from the UKHO have been incorporated into a new ScanNav currents area (1500-UKHO).
- The coverage area is the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, the North Sea, as well as a few scattered points in Iceland, Gibraltar, Portugal.
- These measurement points (dots on the maps), the area contains 41 files, each file corresponding to a reference port.
- SHOMAR Edition 2011/2012: Included SNTides new data from the water level of the SHOM, edition 2011/2012 (valid until 15/01/2013)
- New chart format (extension snmap.) ScanNav adopts a new native format single-file cards with extention "snmap." File.This format facilitates the transfer maps between computers over the old "map." File needed to copy several related files. Note:. The old format map is of course still supported.
- Support GeoTIFF Format: ScanNav enriched the number of supported formats read by integrating geotiff projection Mercator (UTM projection used land was already supported)
- Addition funds global maps default on construction of a new library (menu "File" -> "New" from the library card), the library is initialized with the base maps World and Europe, which avoids go get them.(In previous versions, they were added as when opening ScanNav with an empty library)
- Also contains some bug fixes
- Support target radar ARPA / MARPA: AIS module features from version
10.1 can view the target radar with ARPA interface (or MARPA) on the
screen, with equivalent functionality Monitoring and burglar alarms
collision.ARPA supported NMEA sentences are:
- "TTM" (Tracked target message) or "TLL" (latitude and longitude Target) for positioning radar targets on ScanNav
- "RDS" (RADAR Data System) for the postponement of the cursor on the radar ScanNav
- . Parameterization vectors CPA (AIS module): It is now possible to filter the display vectors CPA (Closest Point of Approach) to display only those targets that provided the minimum distance is less than a defined threshold to alleviate the display.
- SNTides new module:
The new water heights module "SNTides" is part of ScanNav software, and comes
standard with the base module from version 10.0 (version Necessary day).
Computing heights is performed after the software tidal predictions SHOM: SHOMAR
- © SHOM 2010 - France - Contract No. 114/2010 - http://www.shom.fr.
For complete documentation, see pdf
- GRIBs: Support of Gribs V2files Expands the number of sources available for downloading grib files.
- Navionics: Correction for consideration of the 1XG card, and stability problems when many cards were loaded
ENCs: Fixed a display issue on the ENCs limits of 180° meridian
- Gribs: An estimate of the file size is specified when downloading
- Gribs and COMMON: Ability to use tooltips showing different values ??under the cursor.
- Workshop: Proposal to add the card to the library backup in the workshop.Especially helpful for GoogleEarth interface
- Possibility to setup the position accuracy (decimal) in the "Navigation" tab of preferences.
- Repeaters: simplifying the activation / deactivation of repeaters. The button now lets bring back the same repeaters if they had been closed. Double-click on the button opens directly selector provisions saved, without having to go through the menus.
- Fixed problems on bearings and roads straddling the 180° meridian.
- Crash on reprojection in a bad georeferencing
- Crash may occur when GPS tracking is active and the objects window is open on the details of the current track
- Tooltips on the trail: differentiation of information sampled information calculated between two track points
- Tooltips on the roads Ortho: Correction of the value of instantaneous heading (under cursor) was wrong on major segments.
- When first opening repeaters, the waypoint is not displayed in the corrector cap (it was reselect the destination wp)
- Changes in GPX export structure by ScanNav to compensate for bugs other software
- Support GPX format: The GPX format is a format for exchanging waypoints, routes, tracks, etc. ... which is supported by a growing number of software and plotters, and enables interoperability between different systems.
- Current Module: Improved opening of current zones that are now accessible via the context menu via right click on the map button
- Water level Navionics: water heights integrated into Navionics charts are now viewable as curves.Allows a comparison with the source WXTide (use the context menu right click on the map then "Heights of water", which will open the nearest station)
- Simplification of the registration of the license with the possibility of automatic online registration
- Load optimization of the Objects window and library cards
- support specific Saildocs (Precipitation (prate) Period Swell: WVPER, "Mean period of wind waves")
- Correction Request MailaSail
- Fixed crash in the workshop after using the "Explode" function
- Various improvements
construction of the library card
- AIS: Visualisation target full size (configurable in the preferences tab AIS)
- Possibility to choose the display unit positions (D° M'S "/ d.ddd° / D° M.mmm ') preferences (tab navigation)
- Definition of Great Circle routes and differentiation information Ortho / Loxo information on bubbles
- Gribs: Storing passwords for downloading gribs (prevents an authentication return). The username and password must be entered in the connection settings ("Edit" button for download by fixed areas and hammer icon in the download by selection)
- Gribs: support for the direction of the wind wave (sent by Saildocs) in addition to the cumulative Houle
- Gribs correction shift an hour of the time shown
- Gribs: Removing access links to Gribs Raymarine no longer updated
- Fixed automatic loading maps to high latitudes in small scales
- Fixed a crash related to a specific Windows configuration
Correction danger zones systematically charged with filling
- Viewing CPA (Closest Point of Approach: 2 points or boats will be the closest)
- Considers the position of the target no longer emitting
- (See notes updates for details)
- possibility of separating a waypoint from a route to make independent (right-click in the object window)
- correcting route planning: changing speeds, the dates do not follow
- improved load times with large library cards.
- Correction loading very long at
first startup after a version <8.1C4 with very long traces
- Workshop Mode: Fixed the definition of navigable waters that were poorly taken into account load
- Workshop Mode: Fixed difficulty of changing the directory patches
- Navionics: Fixed slow loading on some pcs
- Navionics: Fixed problem query some objects
- Magellan transfers wp Support, routes and tracks via SD card for GPS Magellan eXplorist (native files upt rd trk....)
Planning with calculation of ETE / ETA across the road indicating the
speed of each segment.This is done in
the properties dialog of the roads:
- Click the speed of a road segment already selected (highlighted in blue) to change its value, the ETE and ETA are then recalculated.
- You can change the speed of several segments at once using multi-row selection
- Click on the date of a selected waypoint in order to edit the ETE other points are then recalculated
- (Documentation will be updated in a future release)
can duplicate (clone)
roads to facilitate the creation of a new road from an existing road
- via context menu on right-click the route on the screen or window objects
- Waypoints: Waypoints corrections on difficult roads to make invisible visible
Various improvements on list of objects:
specific colors waypoints based on their membership in a road
- Black: Independent waypoint
- Blue: independent waypoint used in one or more routes
- Green: waypoint belonging to the current route (in the detail of a road)
- red: waypoint from another road (but used in the current route in detail a road)
- indication of the parent route waypoints appropriate
- specific colors waypoints based on their membership in a road
Update the definition of zones
- AIS: Entering
MMSI AIS preferences in order to avoid self-collisions (users equipped
with a transponder)
==> The corresponding MMSI target is ignored
- AIS correction accidental erasure fields being modified in the alert box.
- ENC: Viewing a single warning containing a list of outdated cells.
- AIS correction taking into account the target Class B AIS
Fixed potential crash on sending erroneous information from the GPS
- New download service with free GRIB selective data access and retrieval by email or direct download with compression to reduce the time for transferring files.The new data are available:
- Noaa GFS global coverage at 0.5° or 1° (wind, pressure, precipitation, temperature)
- NOAA WW3: Wave model global coverage at 1° (wind, waves)
- NOAA Wave NW Atlantic HD: Cover East Coast USA and Caribbean High Definition (grid 1/4) (wind, waves)
- Noaa NE Pacific Wave HD: Cover West Coast USA High Definition (grid 1/4) (wind, waves)
- NOAA Wave Alsaka HD: High Definition Alsaka cover (grid 1/4) (wind, waves)
Access to download is via download by selection on the screen.Configuration must first be performed by clicking the button with the hammer.You can choose the mode of recovery gribs by email or direct connection.You must enter a valid email address. The URL access and email service access are also configurable as subject to change, but it is strongly recommended not to change. In case of error, you can click on the "Default" button to return to the default values.
Note: This new service operated by ScanNav is currently in Beta mode and subject to change.It is about the functioning of Noaa servers whose data is retrieved in real time.
- GRIB Showing weekdays in the choice of dates
- GRIB: View references forecasts (eg wind 2m, 10m, etc).
- Navionics: Improved performance for loading maps
- Navionics: info display ports
- Navionics: Correction: Querying objects Navionics works only native scale
it is now possible to create thumbnails of ENCs (in previous versions,
the cis were illegible)
- Implementation of the transfer of Routes / Waypoints / Tracks to Geonav plotters via a Navionics SD card
- Fixed display Navionics in the "Simple View" mode
- Fixed some delays display traces over the Navionics
- Current module initialization directory open the current file in the right place
- Fixed crashes:
- on output ScanNav with AIS active
- On reading maps and Maptech Our damaged
- First released version 8.0 with support for Navionics cartography
- Fleet Tracking SSN: Consideration traces of Fleet Tracking SSN as well as AIS targets
- Fixed a small error in the C4 Version: When the cursor was positioned cursor software, it was invisible when selecting the grib area
- New Interface to download grib files interactively by defining areas on the
- Refer to the updated documentation in the release notes
- Fixed crash on startup when the "My Documents" folder is installed to the root of a partition.
- Fixed a crash related to a file verrolé objects.
- Fixed bug display gribs: there was a small rounding problem on the number of feathers feathers
- Fixed problem when adding a lot of memory cards Maptech in the library of objects at once (especially with the new DVD)
- Sending mail error reporting mechanism in case of crash (on user confirmation)
- Zoom in / out with Page Up / Down
- Fixed crash that could occur very rarely when zooming in Operating Your scale tool.
- Enhancements display time with suppression of certain dual coolings
- Usability enhancements to
facilitate and accelerate the georeferencing screen Google Earth copies.
- On selecting the "Google Final Points" button, the input mode automatically switches to the point "Moving Points", and a first application of georeferencing is performed.
- Pressing one of
the buttons "1" to "9" when the focus is on the map, automatically
selects the corresponding point.It
remains only to click on "view" then readjust the point.
- Fixed problem transfers Waypoints on Garmin gps and MLR.The names of waypoints were poorly transferred and caused a transfer error.
Fixed documentation error in georeferencing of GoogleEarth screenshots
(it should read "Move Point" instead of "Replacement Point")