ScanNav Logiciel de navigation et de cartographie
The new ScanNav Routing module
is available in ScanNav since version
Routing takes into account the following points:
- Choice of the GRIB file and the boat Polar file
- Consideration of tidal currents. The information is based on the SHOM data or currents in GRIB form
- Possibility to apply a percentage ratio to polar, weather or current information
- Possibility to take the engine into account (sail only, mixed sail and engine, or engine only).
- Takes in account Shorelines, and/or user defined danger areas
- Possibility to apply Tack and/or Jibe penalties
- Possibility to avoid areas above a user defined Wind strength
- Possibility to define upwind and downwind limit angles, to avoid uncomfortable points of sail
- Multi-point routing
- Best Start calculation added in version 17.1
- Route Plan and Best Start Tables
- Ability to interact with the routing graph to find alternatives
Export of the final route, and route plan
routing module also includes a Polar module which, in addition to the
polar management aspect for the routing, allows to visualize the performances in a dedicated repeater, in real time with respect to the theoretical polars.
The Display shows where the real-time performance is.
- On the graph, the red triangle is the boat.
performances are the blue curves (the 2 curves being those defined in
the polar file, with the wind immediately lower and higher than the
actual instantaneous wind of the anemometer).