09/04/2018: New April 2018 editions of SnMap charts
Routing and Polar module
Now available with version 17.0!
ScanNav Logiciel de navigation et de cartographie
The new ScanNav Routing module
is available in ScanNav since version
Routing takes into account the following points:
- Choice of the GRIB file and the boat Polar file
- Consideration of tidal currents. The information is based on the SHOM data or currents in GRIB form
- Possibility to apply a percentage ratio to polar, weather or current information
- Possibility to take the engine into account (sail only, mixed sail and engine, or engine only).
- Takes in account Shorelines, and/or user defined danger areas
- Possibility to apply Tack and/or Jibe penalties
- Possibility to avoid areas above a user defined Wind strength
- Possibility to define upwind and downwind limit angles, to avoid uncomfortable points of sail
- Multi-point routing
- Best Start calculation added in version 17.1
- Route Plan and Best Start Tables
- Ability to interact with the routing graph to find alternatives
Export of the final route, and route plan
routing module also includes a Polar module which, in addition to the
polar management aspect for the routing, allows to visualize the performances in a dedicated repeater, in real time with respect to the theoretical polars.
The Display shows where the real-time performance is.
- On the graph, the red triangle is the boat.
performances are the blue curves (the 2 curves being those defined in
the polar file, with the wind immediately lower and higher than the
actual instantaneous wind of the anemometer).
|Join the numerous users on the Forum
to follow the permanent improvements and to discuss between users